With race day approaching, we put together a guide to help answer some frequently asked questions.
What to Bring
- Comfy clothes
- One or two layers of clothes (Hats, Gloves, Windbreakers)
- Extra Water
- Your race day bib! (Very Important)
What NOT to bring
- Clothes that you haven’t ran or trained in before
- Strollers (Unfortunately, there are too many participants to allow people to run with strollers)
- Hot Chocolate (We’ll provide that for you!)
- Bulky or distracting costumes (Goofy hats are fine!)
For race day, all you’ll need to bring with you in order to participate is your bib.
Your race day bib must be claimed at Pre-Race Expo taking place for two days leading up to the event.
- IF you can’t make it to any of the expo days, you are welcome to send a friend or family member to pick up your race day necessities-as long as they come with a copy of everyone’s race confirmation. Due to the sheer volume of Hot Chocolate participant, there is no race day packet pick-up.
- You need this packet in order to race, so be sure to check out your specific race’s webpage to learn more details about where and when the Expo is taking place.
Results & Timing
Hot Chocolate is an officially timed event using an industry leading disposable chip system.
Individual timing tags are affixed to the back of each bib number. Leave the tags on the back of the bib number and wear the bib number on your front torso, so that it is clearly visible on the outside of your clothing.
For everyone’s enjoyment, both the running events of the day will be divided into corrals based on their race pace – how long it takes you to run a mile.
You can confirm your Start Corral assignment approximately ten days prior to that event on the “Your Races” page in your RAM Racing account, and you will also receive an email.
If you’d like to run alongside a friend but were assigned different groups, know that you are free to move back in corrals to be with them, but not forward. Runners assigned Corral B may run un Corral C, but not Corral A.
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, please make sure any additional gear you bring meets our requirements.
All gear check bags must be 12″ by 18″ or smaller, please! Clear plastic bags are required for gear check.
Your race bib will have a tab at the top. Tear this off, as it’s also your claim tab for Gear Check. Please attach it to your Gear Check bag, then hand the bag over at the Gear Check tent. Small zip ties work best for securing Gear Check bags, so look for one in your goodie bag at Expo.
Check out our official race maps to learn the best locations to cheer on your favorite racers. After the race, meet up with your friends and family at our Runner Reunite area, organized alphabetically by name.
Every Hot Chocolate race is immediately followed by our post-race party! Come celebrate with your fellow spectators and attendees.